Monday 2 November 2015

Day 2 of NaNoWriMo: in which work gets in the way

What a day! If you had told me that two days in to NaNoWriMo I'd already be falling behind, I wouldn't have believed you. Unfortunately, you'd be correct and I'd be wrong.

The best laid plans etc, etc, scuppered by a busy day at work and lack of time to write in the evening. Rather than keeping on target with another 1,667 words to build up a buffer for bad days, it appears that I have had my first bad day. I'm now on 50% average of good days versus bad days.

I did manage 1,408 words, which isn't too horrific. However, it means that I need to make up for 659 words tomorrow to restore my buffer. I'm already tired (from work not writing) and tonight is not the night to be staying up late and catching up as I've another busy day of meetings tomorrow and need to be fresh.

I never thought this would be easy, but getting into a habit of writing is proving to be a bit more difficult than I anticipated. But still, I will push through and I will catch up!

My plan for tomorrow is to jump forward a few chapters and escape the doldrums of world building chapters (I'm writing MG Sci-Fi so an element of building is required) to focus on some key action events. Hopefully, I can use it to spur me on to write 2,000 or so words tomorrow to get me back on track. But, to be honest, I haven't got the faintest idea what the scene will involve as yet. One of the joys of being a pantser!

Onwards and upwards!

No comments:

Post a Comment