Friday 27 June 2014

Welcome to my Blog

Hi all, and welcome to my blog. Thanks for visiting and reading!

I'm a part-time writer, full-time industry worker and full-time father of one (almost two!). I have decided to write this blog to complement my writing. I will be reviewing books in printed and eBook format. I will read both represented authors and self-publishers from various sources such as KDP, wattpad.com and those I follow through Twitter. I will also review movies from time-to-time, with a particular focus on book conversions. Hopefully a bit of humour will creep in to make things a bit more pleasant to read.

I have decided to undertake some book reviews both of unpublished and published authors works to give something back to the community (authors) that have been so positive when asking for critiques, advice and assistance in promotion. The author community works well together in self-promoting and this, in a world of rapid information, is more important than ever.

I have written two novels and a smattering of short stories in the past. One novel is a sci-fi comedy, influenced by writers such as Douglas Adams, Terry Pratchett and the Grant Naylor partnership - I'd be foolish not to give all three a nod!

The second is a children's to YA novel following a young girl from the age of eleven to early adulthood. It is the first in a planned series, focusing on growth, change and morals and is set in a contemporary environment but with a fantasy element to it.

That's it for now. Hopefully will be back very soon with my first review!

Take care and keep writing!

No comments:

Post a Comment